Details of our terms and conditions.
- Product information is offered in good faith, but should only be regarded as a guide. Confirm any details before making any purchasing or contractual arrangements. E&OE.
The Stove Place can’t accept any liability for errors or omissions on this web site. We make every effort to provide accurate information, but errors and omissions are possible. Dimensions and other specifications given on this site are mostly as provided by the manufacturer and may be approximate (sometimes manufacturer-supplied information is contradictory). Specifications may change without notice. Please confirm any specific details before ordering.
All prices shown on this website include VAT at the prevailing rate. All goods and prices are subject to availability from our suppliers. You can pay by cheque, debit card or credit card. Goods remain the property of the supplier until paid for in full.
- We provide free delivery to the UK mainland for orders over £100.00. Some Highland locations may however require an additional postage charge.
- Additional delivery charges may apply for orders to Ireland or Northern Ireland.
- Cheque payments must be cleared before goods can be released from stock.
- Dispatch for delivery normally takes around 7-10 working days depending on availability. It can take up to six weeks in some instances, if the lead time is longer than six weeks you will be informed by email of the estimated lead time for your goods.
- Your goods will be delivered on a 7.5 tonne delivery vehicle (about the size of a bin lorry).
- Please let us know, as soon as possible, if there will be a problem with access, so we can make alternative delivery arrangements.
- The delivery driver will (as far as possible) deliver to the Customers door. The delivery driver will not help the Customer inside with the goods. If a driver is particularly helpful and the Customer persuades them to help the Customer take the goods inside, then the Customer does so at their own risk. Any damages occasioned by the goods being brought into the Customers house are the responsibility of the Customer not of the delivery company or the supplier.If the conditions at the point of delivery do not permit the delivery firm to bring the goods up to the house then it is necessary for the Customer to inform the Supplier beforehand or to make arrangements for the goods to be moved to a safe storage place after the delivery has been made.If the Customer has a gravel driveway or narrow access then the driver is unlikely to be able to take the goods right up to the Customers house – this applies especially to large orders delivered on a pallet such as a stove delivery or a large flue order. If this is the case please let the Supplier know and the Supplier can arrange for a small delivery vehicle to deliver to the Customer (at extra cost), or make arrangements to get the goods from a place where the delivery driver can reasonably deliver them to the Customers house. If in doubt contact the Supplier before delivery is arranged.
- If you have checked the goods and they are found to be damaged, please mark this clearly on the delivery note.
- If goods are damaged please contact our Customer Service team, quoting your Order Reference and Delivery Note, and we will ensure replacement parts are sent out immediately. Damages must be notified within 24 hours of delivery.
- If you are unavailable when your palletised stove is delivered at your pre-booked time, then re-delivery charges will apply.
- If you are unavailable when package goods (e.g. fireside accessories) are delivered, the courier company will leave a note, explaining how to re-arrange delivery for a more convenient time.
- If you cancel an order after it has been dispatched, we regret that you will be charged for the return delivery costs, even if the products have not reached your address.
- Our free delivery covers Monday to Friday. Saturday deliveries can be arranged however these will be chargeable.
The ordering process:
- When an order is placed with us you will receive an email with your invoice and details of the products you have ordered. We ask all customers to double check that what has been ordered is correct, we will allow 12 hours after ordering for you to check your order, this applies to internet and telephone orders.
- Website details:
- All sizes and measurements are approximate. We do however try to ensure that all sizes, measurements and images on the web site are as accurate as possible. All pictures on the web sites are for illustrative purpose only, and may not exactly match the product itself. Colours may vary to those illustrated and can look different on other computer screens. We never knowingly publish misleading or incorrect product descriptions or images.
- We are not liable for any costs incurred by you or any loss of earnings. For example if a delivery is delayed in any way and you have to rebook an installer then we are not liable for any extra charges that the installer may charge you. We always recommend that you do not book an installer until you are in receipt of the goods. We are also not liable for any loss of earnings as a result of you taking time off work to accept a delivery even if it is late or delayed.
- Cancellations and Returns
- Mail order, telephone and internet sales to individuals (not businesses) are covered by the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000 (UK Law Directive 97/7/EC), which protect you by providing a 7 working day cooling off period after the day after the product has been delivered. A customer has the option to cancel any order between the time of placing it and 7 working days after delivery. Cancellations must be in writing by post or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org and quoting the Order Number. Under the Distance Selling regulations you have the right to receive a refund within 30 days of cancellation. We normally pay refunds within 14 days of cancellation or the goods being returned safely (whichever is the later). You are advised to retain the packaging. You will find it difficult to return the item without appropriate packaging. The goods must not have been fitted, installed or used in any way. The goods must be unmarked and free from blemishes of any kind, and you must return them in a saleable condition. All spare parts are non returnable and non refundable due to being a special order. The cost of returning the item to us is your responsibility.
- Our Returns Policy
- Damages and discrepancies - When the pallet arrives, please check the contents very carefullyonce it has been unloaded to ensure that nothing has been damaged during transit before you sign for it. This will usually mean that you have to remove some or all of the packaging to be able to have a good look at it. When you sign for receipt of the delivery please be aware that you are signing to say that the stove and all component parts have arrived in good condition. Only if the driver won’t wait while you check the delivery should you then sign for it as ‘Unable to Check’. In that situation immediately give the goods a thorough going over once the driver has left. If you find that there has been any damage inform us immediately. If your stove or flue is damaged you can still accept the delivery but you must have signed for it as damaged. Then you will need to let us know within 24 hours. Please also check that all components to flue systems etc have been delivered and any discrepancies must be reported to us within 24 hours.
After 24 hours we cannot be responsible for any damage or missing goods.